Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard incidents can pose serious health risks and should be handled with extreme care. If you live in the Unifour area of North Carolina, SERVPRO of Alexander, Caldwell, Burke and Catawba Counties has the training and experience needed to safely dispose of biohazard contaminants in your home or business. We use specialized gear and equipment to protect you, your property and ourselves from the dangers these contaminants present.
There are several biohazard scenarios our team handles, but two of the most common are sewage backups and floodwaters. We clean up the contaminants, dispose of them in accordance with health regulations and sanitize the affected areas. Our goal is to make any incident appear "Like it never even happened."
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (828) 396-1070
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Alexander, Caldwell, Burke and Catawba Counties has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Long View
- Granite Falls
- Sherrills Ford