If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (828) 396-1070

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Precautions To Keep You And Your Family Safe In Your Taylorsville Home

8/9/2017 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Fire Precautions To Keep You And Your Family Safe In Your Taylorsville Home Home fires may be more common than you think, so being aware of possible fire dangers in your home is essential.

Fire Precautions

Home fires may be more common than you think, so being aware of possible fire dangers in your home is essential. When you have prepared ahead of time and know some fire prevention tips, you can do a lot in preventing these catastrophes which plague thousands of homes each year.

Cooking related accidents equate for forty percent of fires reported annually. It takes just seconds for a blaze to begin in your kitchen and cause fire damage to your Taylorsville home. Unattended stoves and ovens or distractions are the main reason.

SERVPRO is a professional fire damage remediation company who can assist you in a timely fashion after you have experienced a kitchen fire. We clean up all damages, including water, soot, and smoke, and even help you with speaking to your insurance agent.

During the winter months, fires from fuel-based or electrical heaters are quite common. These heaters need to be kept three feet or more away from anything that is easily flammable like clothes, furniture, and curtains.

Bedroom fires from smoking account for over seventy percent of fatalities from house fires. If not disposed of properly, a cigarette butt can remain lit for hours. Ensure that you do not fall asleep with a lit cigarette in your hand.

Old wiring is a common problem in older homes, having been worn out over time. Inadequate installation of wires also causes electrical fires. If your circuit breaker trips often, you need an electrician to look at your wiring, as this goes a long way in preventing fires.

Many fires are caused by electrical wiring or equipment such as dryers, washers, irons, oven ranges, and water heaters. Ensure you know the rating of an appliance before you plug it into an extension. Do not overload an extension or circuit, as they can overheat or malfunction, and have a certified electrician do a yearly check-up of the wiring system in your home.

Other things to be careful with are candles, barbecuing too close to your home, and children playing with matches or lighters. When you teach your family the dangers ahead of time, they can be more aware of their surroundings when handling these things so you can remain safe in your home.

When accidents do happen, SERVPRO understands how stressful the situation can be, which is why we work quickly to come up with a remediation plan for you and go over it with you before we begin. SERVPRO of Alexander & Caldwell Counties should be notified as soon as your kitchen fire is out. The sooner you contact us at (828) 396-1070, the more damage we can prevent from water, soot, and smoke left behind.

Click here for more about the city of Taylorsville, North Carolina.

Other News

View Recent Posts